You are a resistant of the resistance group M.A.R.S. [Mars Active Resistance Squad], you must steal the plans of the Olympus mount base to prevent a war against the Earth. You and your antigrav bike are the best for this type of mission.
This game is a six degrees of freedom shooter inspired by Forsaken and Descent. You must take advantages of your
zero gravity bike to solve and complete the levels. Start with a simple laser and grab more weapons to become a real war machine! Translations available in English and French!
The game supports 4 types of HMD
- OSVR HMDs*
- Oculus Rift DK2 / CV1 (Oculus Runtime 0.8+)
- Google Cardboard (with a strap of course)
- Gear VR (Soon on the Oculus Store)
In all case it's a plug and play feature, just plug your HMD to your computer and start the game. On Android, you have to enable this feature by yourself.
About Open Source VR (Aka OSVR)
OSVR Support is still in beta stage, you can expect to see regular updates of the game while the support is not 100% bulletproof!
If your HMD crashes when a scene is loaded, unplug your beltbox for 10 sec, plug it again and all will be fine again.
For now Windows x86 / x64 and Linux x64 are supported. You can easily add support on Linux x86 by copying the osvr .so libraries into the Data/Plugins/x86 folter of the game.
This game is played in a sitting position and requires a keyboard or a gamepad.
You can play with a gamepad or a keyboard and a mouse. On mobile, it's
strongly recommanded to use
a bluetooth or USB controller but a touch controller is enabled by default if no gamepad is connected.
The Local Multiplayer Mode allows up to four players* to play on the same screen with two game modes
- Deathmatch: The must kill other players
- OneShot: Same as Deathmatch but weapons kills in one shot.
About the multiplayer mode
- The free version is limited to two players.
- The PC version requires at least one keyboard and one gamepad.
- All other versions requires two or more gamepads.
- The multiplayer mode is disabled when the VR mode is enabled.
- The multiplayer mode is disabled in the WebGL build for performance reasons.
Free vs Paid
The Free version contains three levels and some limitations (Ads, Two players max). The paid version will contain more levels and no ads. It's updated more frequently too.
Thanks for playing !
M.A.R.S. Extraction is a game initialy created during the #7dfps challenge (from 11-8-2014 to 11-15-2014).