A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
DVR Simulator is a Drone Racing FPV Simulator in development. It features a learning module and two flight mode, Freestyle and Racing. Finally, you can use a supported (Virtual Reality) VR headset to simulate the FPV goggles if you have one!
Play with or against your friends with the multiplayer feature. It's crossplay between all platforms. That means a Linux player can play with an Oculus Quest player and an Xbox One player.
An in-game editor allows you to tweak the drone's physics. You can also save your profiles and use them later. The profile format is open so you can share it with your friends.
Gamepads are supported and enabled by default. But it's very recommanded to use a real radio-transmitter. The simulator have three input engines and a calibration process to support as many radio-transmitters as possible.
The price will increase as features are added/completed. If you get the game during the Alpha/Beta phase, you'll be able to claim a free Steam key, if the game go on this platform.
The simulator is in BETA stage and will enter in Early Access late August.
Supported Flight Modes
Supported options on the Flight Controller
- Rates System (Rates, Super Rates, Expo)
- Throttle Expo & Mid Point
- (Soon) PIDs
Supported physics options
- Drag factor, Angular Drag factor
- Drag and Angular Drag interpolation factors
- Motor power
- Gravity factor
- Mode toggle
- Auto Turtle Mode
- Camera Mode toggle
Supported Camera Modes
- First Person View (FPV)
- Third Person View that follow the drone
- Fixed Third Person View
|Windows UWP||In Progress||(Microsoft Store)|
|Xbox One||Planned||(Microsoft Store)|
|Mac||Experimental / No support||Itch.io|
|Android (Flat)||Experimental / No support||Itch.io, (Playstore)|
|Oculus Quest||Supported||Itch.io, SideQuest, (AppLab)|
Supported VR Headsets
|Oculus Rift Family (including Quest + Link)||Supported|
|Oculus Quest (Native)||Supported|
|OpenVR (SteamVR Family)||Supported (OpenXR)|
|Windows Mixed Reality||Supported (OpenXR)|
Supported VR Modes
- Monoscopic: The same image on both eye, exactly like real FPV goggles. No motion sickness with this mode because it's like watching a big cinema screen
- Stereo: Full 3D and very intensive, don't use that mode if you're sensible to motion sickness
There is a folder with some documentations (mainly in French for now). Take a look at the docs to get the maximum of the simulator.
Have a problem? Please post a message on the forum in English please. You can also send me a personal message in English or French.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android|
|Tags||drone, fpv, freestyle, Oculus Quest, quadcopter, race, Virtual Reality (VR)|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Touchscreen, Oculus Rift, Smartphone, Playstation controller, Oculus Quest, Windows Mixed Reality|
|Multiplayer||Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
|Links||Steam, Steam, Twitter, Facebook, Homepage|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- DVR Simulator UE5 Beta Released!67 days ago
- DVR Simulator Unreal Engine 5 Tech DemoApr 16, 2022
- DVR Simulator Oculus Quest Trailer is outApr 10, 2022
- Update delayed for few days, here is whyNov 02, 2021
- DVR Simulator 0.30 progress reportOct 20, 2021
- What about DVR Simulator v0.30.0?Oct 08, 2021
- Claim your Xbox One/Series and Oculus AppLab keys!Sep 25, 2021
- DVR Simulator 0.20.0 Quest - Big performance improvementSep 20, 2021